Catamaran MALA is a Lagoon 570 based in Split, Croatia. This sailing catamaran was taken over by the new owners, who are also the current crew, and fully refitted to a very high standard in 2018/19.
We have given catamaran MALA the award for excellence following the great success of every charter over the past couple of years.
We consider catamaran MALA to be one of the best crewed yachts on the Adriatic. In so many ways, they offer a perfect set up:
- The crew, Zoki and Sanja (they also own the boat) are outstanding. They absolutely love what they do and they do it so well. They have poured so much love into refitting and preparing the boat to a very high standard. Sanja is a passionate chef, eco-and health-oriented. They are attentive, they are great wine connoisseurs and they know the area extremely well.
- Catamaran Mala offers three en suite cabins (really good size master cabin, slightly smaller VIP double cabin and a double cabin.)
- Great attention to detail.
- Good choice of water toys on board.
- The floating island has been so popular with everyone, particularly as it turns into an outdoor cinema screen in the evenings.
Catamaran MALA can accommodate up to six guests in three en suite cabins:
- Master cabin
- VIP cabin
- Double cabin
Video: Catamaran Mala
MALA's team has done an incredible job on sustainability! We have also published an interview with them about sustainable charters - MEET THE CREATIVE ECO-WARRIORS CREW TAKING ACTION FOR SUSTAINABILITY IN YACHTING
Here are a few points from the team for starters:
- Solar panels on board
- MALA-branded glass bottles on board (reduced usage of plastic bottles by at least 200 per season!)
- We are big on recycling everything that is recyclable be it food, plastic, paper or glass
- We use MALA cotton bags for our shopping
- We use paper straws on board
- All cleaning material on board is made of eco materials
- We have regular 'clean the beach' actions
- We have a water-maker on board (including drinking water)
- We sail as much as possible
Weekly charter rates in 2024:
High Season (1 July - 1 September): €20,900 + €4000 APA
Mid Season (1 June - 1 July & 1 September - 1 October): €17,900 + €4000 APA
Low Season (1 May - 1 June & 1 October - 1 November): €13,900 + €4000 APA
Included in price:
Accommodation, the services of a Captain and Hostess, preparation of breakfast, lunch and 2 dinners, use of all on-board water toys, equipment and amenities, cruising taxes and permits, VAT, tourist tax, Wi-Fi (10 GB per day), bedding, towels, beach towels & toiletries and final cleaning.
APA at €4,000 is payable with the balance.
E-Foil board, a water toy, with a full additional equipment is available at an extra cost of €900 per week.
APA (Advance Provisioning Allowance) - an estimated amount for covering the costs such as: food and beverages, ports fees, diesel etc. Captain will keep a record of all expenses on board and will return the balance to the clients at the end of the charter. If more funds are needed during the charter period, the Captain will alert the guests in time.
Crew Gratuity – Although discretionary, a crew gratuity of 10% of the charter fee is customary.
Payment conditions: 50% within 7 days of signing the charter agreement, remaining 50% + APA at least 5 weeks before the beginning of the charter.
MYBA TERMS WILL APPLY.
Zoki & Sanja
This enthusiastic duo are the heart and soul of this boat. They know how to listen! They know how to make it happen!
This couple, with years of experience on luxury catamarans, are experts in creating a personalised, tailor-made vacation that will suit you perfectly. On their own yacht, they will make sure that every detail is thought through to meet all your needs.
Captain Zoki’s calm ways, expertise and knowledge of the area and Sanja’s warm and outgoing personality are a perfect match for a week of relaxation, fun and enjoyment.
Captain Zoki is friendly, experienced and safety competent, everything you need from your captain. He’s an outstanding sailor who has been sailing on the Adriatic since the age of ten. He knows the area intimately. He will take you to wonderful places, often not known to the travel guides — his secret gems — from where you will never want to leave.
Hostess Sanja is an easy-going, sociable and open-minded person. Passionate about travel, she speaks fluent Spanish and English. Guests describe Sanja as a “warm, funny, caring person”, and “a delight to spend time with”.