In May 2004, High Point Yachting (then: Adriatic Holidays) organised one of the biggest events in Croatia – the Engineering Challenge Cup, ECC 2004 – www.ecc-sailing.com. There were just over 350 participants on 53 boats. The event took place in May, over a week, on the
route Split – Split. As the organiser, we were in charge of:
– Gathering a fleet of 53 suitable boats for racing.
– Providing a support team and the race officer.
– Organising the social side of the ECC event: Welcome and Prize-Giving parties as well as the sponsor parties during the week.
– Making all the mooring arrangements for each evening – our route took us from Split to: Palmizana, Korcula, Scedro, Vis, Milna and
back to Split.
– Travel arrangements for the participants.
Michael Kuhn the Commodore of Engineering Challenge Cup ECC 2004 said:
Sasha and Team,
Thanks very much again for helping us organise this yea’rs “Engineering Challenge Cup” Regatta with 53 boats and 350 people in Croatia!
We could not have found a better partner for the organisation. It was a lot of work but the final event was more than perfect!
Everybody was happy and some people who are participating in this regatta now in the 11th year have said that this was the best ECC ever.
Hope to see you soon again, regards
Commodore ECC 2004
Please check the link below for more information on the Engineering Challenge Cup (ECC) events and High Point YachtFest events:
To view all other Engineering Challenge Cup regattas organised by High Point Yachting view our PAST EVENTS