In March 2019, we had our first HPYF sailing event in the Caribbean! This first edition tool place in the BVI, starting and ending in Tortola, 2 – 9 March, and it was avgreat success!
We sailed out of Scrub Island and spent five days around the British Virgin Islands, racing during the days and mooring/anchoring in different places each evening. Our overnight destinations were beautiful bays on islands Joost Van Dyke, Virgin Gorda, Norman Island, Peter Island and Tortola. Our itinerary included daily racing as well as socialising, swimming, snorkelling, diving and our favourite gourmet evenings!
Please view our: HPYF 2019 BVI LOGBOOK
and the SOUVENIR LOGBOOK HPYF BVI (created by John), with all the infirmation about the itinerary, racing and events.
A big thank you to our sponsors, the BVI GIN and the BVI Tourist Board for supporting our first sailing event in the Caribbean!
The fleet consisted of sailing catamarans only. Congratulations to Martin Suter and his team, the overall winners of HPYF 2019 sailing event!Great performance!
A big thank you to tall teams for providing the most delicious dishes for the Thursday Gourmet Roux night. Bela’s GULASH won the first prize!
HPYF fleet, Caribbean, March 2019:
No 1: Catamaran OCEAN SUN, Skipper: Martin Suter
No 2: Catamaran PANUI, Skipper: Vilmos Thomazy
No 3: Catamaran RENDEZVOUS, Skipper: Steven Visser
No 4: Catamaran APRES SAIL, Skipper: John Hall Hall
No 5: Catamaran FIN & TONIC, Skipper: Lutz Weise
No 5: Catamaran JELLY BLU, Skipper Bertil Agell
2nd March 2019 – Check-in Scrub Island Marina and Welcome Party at the BVI Gin distillery in Tortola, from 5.30pm
- Day 1 (3rd March) – Scrub island to Leverick Bay Marina, Virgin Gorda (via the Dogs)
- Day 2 (4th March) – Laverick Bay Marina to Anegada
- Day 3 (5th March) – Anegada to Scrub Island
- Day 4 (6th March) – Scrub Island to Great Harbour (afternoon in White Bay), Jost van Dyke
- Day 5 (7th March) – Jost van Dyke to Kelly’s Cove, Norman Island (Gourmet night!)
- Day 6 (8th March) – Norman Island to Virgin Gorda (via the Baths) for the Prize Giving at Coco Maya
Day 7, 9th March 2019 – Disembarkation in the Scrub Island Marina.
Scrub Island Marina BVI GIN, sponsor of HPYF Caribbean sailing event 2019!