In March 2019, the BVI hosted the first winter edition of our HPYF sailing event. While we’ve had a bit of time to get to know the BVI and the local community by then, it was the HPYF week that has confirmed this area as a fantastic destination for our sailing event.
Please see the 2019 SOUVENIR LOGBOOK for more information about the 2019 sailing week.
The event was a great success and we are going back to the BVI in March 2020!
The fleet will consists of 42ft – 45ft catamarans. Please view the current fleet list: Catamarans for HPYF 202 Caribbean sailing event
The base is in the Scrub Island Marina a short (5 minute) local ferry ride from the airport in Tortola (Beef Island).
- April 2019 – Announcement of the 2020 event dates in the BVI, Caribbean, 7 – 14 March.
- April 2019 – The fleet of catamarans has been published and the booking is open.
- 28 September – 5 October 2019 – Mediterranean HPYF sailing event (monohulls) in Cagliari, Sardinia – MORE INFORMATION
- Early November 2019 – recce trip in the BVI to finalize the March 2020 Itinerary
- 7 – 14 March 2020 – 2nd HPYF catamaran sailing event in the BVI
7th March 2020 – Check-in Scrub Island Marina / Welcome Party
Day 1 (8th March) – Day 6 (13th March) – Daily sailing routes will be published shortly. We enjoyed our 2019 route very much and will be visiting some of those places again: Leverick Bay – Anegada – Jost van Dyke – Norman Island – Virgin Gorda. Our itinerary will include daily racing as well as socialising, swimming, snorkelling, diving and our favourite gourmet evenings!
Day 7, (14th March) – Morning disembarkation in the Scrub Island Marina.